Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You know how I know?

From Scott Noelle's Daily Groove. I got this in my inbox this morning, and thought it was a timely and appropriate reminder, especially with today's ecomony the way it is!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
:: Do You Know How I Know...? ::

There's a scene in the comedy movie "The 40-Year-Old
Virgin" where two men get into a back-and-forth
exchange of insults, each beginning with "You know
how I know you're gay?"

While I'm not inclined to re-enact the homophobic
banter, the scene inspired me and my wife to use the
back-and-forth format in a positive, playful way...

One day, when we were stressed about money, we
deliberately shifted from scarcity to prosperity
thinking by asking each other repeatedly:

"Do you know how I know we're rich?"

Each time, we sifted through our current life
experience for evidence of abundance and answered...

* Because we have two wonderful children.
* Because we have plenty of good food.
* Because we have supportive friends.

Soon our kids caught wind of the fun and joined the
game enthusiastically...

* Because we can play all day.
* Because we all love each other.
* Because... Because... Because...

Soon we were all *feeling* rich, and the ebb in our
cash flow didn't seem like such a big problem anymore!

So... How do you know YOU'RE rich? :-)

http://dailygroove.net/how-i-know

Feel free to forward this message to your friends!
(Please include this paragraph and everything above.)
Copyright (c) 2008 by Scott Noelle

No comments: