Pages

Friday, September 26, 2008

Suze Orman on Oprah

I don't watch Oprah very often, but I always try to catch it when Suze Orman is on. She talked about the current financial situation in the country, as well as individual problems and issues with money. I love how honest she is, how she will call people on their bad financial decisions, in a no-holds-barred kind of way. She read the riot act to one couple with 90,000 in credit card debt, who were trying to justify to her how they could still afford their house even though they were $2000 in the hole every month. She talks a lot about the spiritual side of money problems too, and how ALL of our attitudes and behaviors in life can be reflected in our money situations. She always reminds me of the connection between clutter and debt, and inspires me to get rid of the clutter in our own house. Again. So this weekend, we're doing just that, and tackling one of my least favorite jobs - cleaning out the kids' toy room. We're going in armed with lots of trash bags.

Here's the link to highlights of her appearance on Oprah

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow/20080918_tows_suze/1

No comments: